Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Xanthan Gum, 8-ounce
Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum is must-have for any gluten free baker. Xanthan gum thickens batter and gives gluten free breads a better rise. It also help emulsify liquids that would otherwise separate. The name comes from the bacteria that helps creates the final product, Xanthomonas campestris, which feeds on a sugar, then ferments. The fermentation product is dried and then ground into Xanthan Gum.
Features & details
- BAKING ESSENTIAL: A key ingredient for gluten free baking, Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Xanthan Gum is an effective substitute for gluten in baked goods
- GLUTEN ALTERNATIVE: Xanthan gum, like gluten, adds the elasticity and thickness required to help baked goods hold together and rise properly
- MULTI-PURPOSE INGREDIENT: Used as an emulsifier as well as to thicken liquids and batters for a smooth, creamy texture
- FOR ANY DIET: Plant-based and made from a string of sugars called a polysaccharide, xanthan gum is natural and ideal for gluten free, kosher and vegan diets
- BOB'S RED MILL: Make folks a little happier; it's the idea that keeps our stone mills grinding to fill every bag with wholesome goodness